Mountain Goat Coaching was founded by Dan Small. The company specialises in tailor-made performance coaching and training for cyclists and triathletes with a philosophy of focussing on each individual’s needs and helping all clients to develop using the training methods most appropriate to them.
Dan has over 15 years of applied sport science and coaching experience across a number of different sports. In that time he spent 8 years working in the Coaching Education and Development department of the award-winning governing body, British Cycling, and set up Mountain Goat Coaching in 2014. Dan has coached and trained cyclists from novice to National and International Podium level and everyone in between. He has worked with athletes in Road Cycling, Track Cycling, XC Mountain Bike, Downhill Mountain Bike, Gravity Enduro, Cyclo-Cross, Athletics, Swimming, Triathlon and Modern Pentathlon.
Dan is a member of the DNAfit Education Institute, and by combining scientific knowledge, practical experience and the latest genetic research he has developed the Biometric Performance Programme. The programme and services we offer are constantly evolving to ensure that the Biometric Performance Programme remains at the forefront of both scientific knowledge and the development of training methods used to help each individual work towards fulfilling their own potential.
Summary of Qualifications and Experience
- BSc(Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- Fully Licenced DNAfit Trainer and Member of the DNAfit Education Institute
- Sports Coach UK Coach Educator
- British Cycling Level 3 Coach
- 15 years of applied sport science and coaching experience
- Extensive work with athletes in Road Cycling, Track Cycling, Athletics, Swimming, Modern Pentathlon, XC Mountain Bike, Downhill Mountain Bike, Gravity Enduro and Cyclo-Cross.
- Coached and trained athletes from novice to National and International Podium level and everyone in between
- Team management of Regional Squads for national events
- Team management of Team Mountain Goat Coaching
- 8 Years full time work for British Cycling in Coaching Education and Development